A few key points upfront:
The Services do not include any pop up ads or other third party advertisements.
During registration the only information we may ask you to provide about a child who will be using the Services is the child’s first name.
Other than the fees for purchasing a subscription for the Services, where applicable, there are no in app purchases.
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Automatic Collection: Like most digital companies, we may use common technologies such as cookies and other technologies to better understand users’ interactions with our games, websites and other services (the “Services”). These technologies help us keep track of user behavior, tell us which parts of our Services people have visited and are using, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of activities. If you use any of our Services, we may also collect data related to the device on which the App is loaded. In particular, We are using third party services called Mixpanel and Google Analytics. They store this data securely and do not share it with anyone else. We are using the restricted version of their analytics product designed specifically for use with apps for children, meaning that the anonymous data created from our Apps isn’t used anywhere else in their system, it’s only for us to improve the apps, including information on App crashes, usage time, games played and problems missed.
Volunteered: If you (parents and teachers) create an account, register with us, send us an email, or provide other personally identifiable information with us in any other way, we will collect and store the information you share. You do not have to share this information with us, but without, it you may not be able to access certain features or participate in certain aspects of the Services.
The Services may enable you to input (first) names for multiple players, which allow you to set up multiple profiles on a single device. The Apps will track each child’s play data separately to provide personalized activities and levels for each profile. Only parents or educators may sign up for a parent or school account by entering through a parental gate. When you sign up for a parent account, we collect and verify the parent’s email address. With such an account, we provide to you additional services, such as multiple profiles, your child’s progress reports and additional resources. The Profile Names, along with birth month and year, will be collected in order to personalize your reports.
For school accounts and school-based services, a school administrator or educator signs up for a school account, whereupon we collect the administrator’s or educator’s name, email address, school name and city. An educator sets up student nicknames or first names and accessibility options. The Services will collect student play data thru persistent identifiers. This allows us to provide progress reports. All information collected from our Services are for internal purposes to provide and improve Services and for use and benefit of the students, schools and parents only. As permitted by FTC’s guidelines of COPPA, we rely on teachers and schools to obtain parental consents if and when they are necessary.
Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (i.e. comments or blog), that information is visible to and may be collected, stored and used by anyone. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personally identifiable information to others or sharing personally identifiable information in public or online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personally identifiable information.
Credit Cards. You can become a subscriber by purchasing a subscription to the Services within the Apps, where allowed by the App marketplace partners. When You subscribe to our Services, the order process may request a credit card or other payment information (i.e. PayPal). Order information is done through the itunes and Android App Stores directly so Your credit card information is not collected or retained by Us.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
In general, we collect and use Information to provide the Services, to provide support for the Services, to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings with users, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of the Services; and to improve our offerings.
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like usage and metrics information, referring website addresses, and “aggregate” information. Anonymous information helps us understand trends and user needs so that we can better design new products and services and refine existing products and services to serve our customers better. We may share anonymous information with others, including developers, potential investors, marketers, and business partners.
- Personally identifiable information is individually identifiable information, such as an individual’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information. Personally identifiable information also includes demographic information, date of birth, gender, geographic area and preferences and when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies an individual.
All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with anyone who is helping us make the Services available and functional. These include third-party vendors, technical agents, subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants who assist us in performing functions to operate our Services. These functions include, for example, web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, customer support, email delivery services, infrastructure services, customer service, technical agents, analytics and metrics services.
- We may also share personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation. If codeSpark or its assets is purchased, all associated data and information will be transferred
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect or share information from or about children under 13. This Site may be accessible to children but the Site is targeted for parents and adults and is not intended for children under age 13.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we have shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for direct marketing purposes in the past 12 months. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the codeSpark, 130 W. Union Street, Pasadena, CA 91103. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Notice.” We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or are sent improperly. Please allow up to thirty days for this notice to be provided.
OPT OUTS; REMOVAL OF CONTENT.
In addition to the California law applicable to California residents as noted above, we permit all users to request an Opt out from receiving marketing emails, texts, or other marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis please submit a written request to the address below. In your request, please specify that “Marketing Opt Out.” We will try to comply with your opt-out request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, this will apply to marketing messages from us only. We will not be able to remove your personally identifiable information from the database of any third parties to whom you have previously authorized us to share such information. Please also note that we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages. In addition, Adult Users may contact us at any time to request that we provide for their review, or delete from our records, any information they have provided about child users associated with their account,. If you would like us to remove publicly visible content posted by you or your minor child, please send an email with the words “Content Removal” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a description of the content and its location. If we delete content, please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforcement of our agreements.
Your Comments or Concerns
Effective: September 1, 2016.